Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Activity 1: Off the Menu Summer Learning

On your blog, tell us what you think about this rule and why you think it!.

I think that it is a really speechless idea and fishing is supposed to have no price or money because it's free. I assumed that this is really a unacceptable idea for so many people. People who are charged up to $100 000 for overfishing. I mean charging money over animals and creatures is a really undesirable idea. This rule is just not worth of anything. You can only pay the rent and the bills and so much essential things that you have to take care. If they do this rule then they might do other chrages to anything like creatures and money.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Ana,

My name is Rachel and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme. It is fabulous to see that you have joined us this year on the journey. I have really enjoyed your posts. I can see that you are thinking carefully about the topics that we have presented, including this one on overfishing. It is a very hotly debated topic. People usually feel really strongly about it.

From your post I can see that you do not agree with the rule and think that people should not be charged for overfishing. I agree that life is very expensive and that it can be hard to find money for the basics (food and rent), let alone extra money to pay for penalties (like over fishing). The risk, I suppose, to not charging people this money is that everyone will go out and fish so much that they remove all of the fish from the sea and we are left with nothing to eat. That would be pretty upsetting, wouldn't it? What would we do if we didn't have any fish left in the sea to catch and eat? That is a terrible thought!

I really appreciate it that you have shared your opinion with us and explained to us why you are against the rule. I hope that you will continue to share your thoughts and ideas with us over the coming weeks.

The programme is open until Friday 25 January 2019 and there are tons of activities left to do.

See you online again soon, I hope :)

Cheers,
Rachel

Post a Comment