Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

The Seven Sisters Summer Learning Journey

On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.

Matariki is named cluster of stars. Tupu-a-nuku, Tupu-a-rangi, Waipuna Rangi, Waitiand Waita, Matariki, And Ururangi. They are the seven Matariki stars that rises up in the early June or May it signals that it will be the Maori new year. Matariki is special to all Maori who believe in it. It appears in the sky around northern eastern skies.

1 comments:

Ellee said...

Hi Ana!

Just me again :)

This is a great start to this activity Lucy! I really like that you were able to name the 7 sisters and what time of year Maori New Year is.
I think 7 sisters in one family would be lots of energy and ruckus! :)
Could you imagine having 6 sisters?!

Did you manage to listen to the story about Miti and his brothers?

Have you learnt much about Matariki in school?
I know that when I was in school there was only 7 stars of Matariki but I heard recently that it is now counted as 9...
I found this article here that talks a little bit about it:
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/nine-stars-not-seven-academic-says-many-getting-matariki-wrong?variant=tb_v_1

Nga mihi,
Ellee :)

Post a Comment